Dates for your diary
18:30 28 November 2012
There are lots of events lined up in East Devon. Here are just a few.
• The annual Colyford children’s Christmas party will be held at the Memorial Hall, Colyford, on Saturday, December 8 between 2.30pm and 5pm.
George the Magician will be followed by a party tea and a visit from Father Christmas (escorted by Seaton Lions).
The event is funded by the Colyford Goose Fair.
• You can dance the night away with local band ‘Gen Gap’ at Hawkchurch Village Hall on Saturday, December 1.
The band has been playing for more than 20 years and is versatile in all types of music. Playing current hits, through ballroom to ’60s and beyond, therefore covering most types of dancing.
Gen Gap will play from 7.30pm with a break for a ploughman’s supper included in the £8 ticket.
Proceeds are for the Hawkchurch Church Tower Appeal and Hawkchurch Village Hall.
The family also did a concert of all types of music, with three generations performing, earlier in the year that raised a staggering £1600 for the Tower appeal.
Tickets available from Brian and Anne Gibbins on 01297 678295.
• Seaton Beer and District Branch of the RNLI Guild will be hosting a Christmas Quiz Night on Saturday, December 1.
It will be held at Beer Social Club, with doors open at 7.30pm for an 8pm start.
Teams of 4 people invited at an entry cost of £1.50 per person.
There will be a certificate and prize for the winning team
• The annual Christian Aid - The Big Christmas Sing - will be taking place on Sunday, December 16, at 4pm.
It will take place at the Methodist Church, Chapel Street, Honiton.
Go and sing all your favourite Christmas carols and songs and help raise funds to buy building materials for a well in Kenya.
Free entry and refreshments to follow. Enquiries to 01404 831164
• Christmas Bingo will be staged at Hawkchurch Village Hall on Friday, November 30, with doors open at 7pm.