Woman taken to hospital with possible carbon monoxide poisoning

13:38 22 January 2013

Archant

Fire crews were called to the property in Barnstaple to investigate for signs of a gas leak.

A WOMAN has been taken to hospital today (Tues) with signs of possible carbon monoxide exposure in Barnstaple.

Two fire engines were called to the scene in Richmond Street at 10.50am by ambulance personnel.

On arrival, crews used two breathing apparatus and a gas detector to investigate but found no readings of carbon monoxide in the property.

The woman was taken to North Devon District Hospital.

0 comments

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 17:41
Residents have been clearing up flood debris and mud at Corner Lane in Combe Martin

Residents are busy with clean-up operations this afternoon (Saturday) following the earlier downpours.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:30
VALENTINE'S Day

A bereaved woman whose only company is her faithful golden retriever has turned Cupid by setting up a dating agency to bring other lonely over-60s together.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:30
Nick Duckett and Jenna Pease from Pets at home present a cheque to Shelagh Morse of East Devon cats protection. Ref exe 04-16TI 9796. Picture: Terry Ife

Kind-hearted fundraisers in Exmouth have raised a whopping £1,166 for animal welfare charities.

Read more
Yesterday, 15:31
Pilton residents protesting against plans for yet more homes in the area. Picture: Sarah Howells

Residents have had enough as new proposals for 44 homes add to more than 600 new houses approved by North Devon Council for the area.

Read more
Yesterday, 15:00

Musbury: Another in the series of popular tabletop sales is being held at the village hall on Saturday, February 13, to raise much-needed funds for the parish church.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:19
The A39 near the Hoops Inn in Woolsery. Picture: Donna Paterson.

North Devon is currently under an amber weather warning as heavy rainfall lashes the region. Latest road, flooding and bus service disruptions here.

Read more
Yesterday, 12:30

Residents of Budleigh Salterton are calling for better job opportunities for young people to be included in a blueprint for the town’s future.

Read more
Yesterday, 11:00
mhw Diary

Colyford: The Axe Valley Centre, National Trust, is to hold its annual general meeting on Wednesday, February 20.

Read more
Yesterday, 10:00
Sophie Welch has become an NCS Leader.

Sophie Welch, 17, chosen from thousands to become an NCS Leader

Read more
Yesterday, 10:00
Topsham primary school children learning about fire safety awareness with Liz Porter and Maxine Tyson of Devon and Somerset fire and rescue. Ref ext 03-16TI 9602. Picture: Terry Ife

Schoolchildren in Topsham were given life-saving information about what they should do in the event of a fire.

Read more

Local Weather

Rain

Rain

max temp: 7°C

min temp: 7°C

Most Read News

Great British Life

Great British Life

Place a family notice

Family Notices 24

Find a job in Devon



Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

FFind planning applications