Woman taken to hospital with possible carbon monoxide poisoning

13:38 22 January 2013


Fire crews were called to the property in Barnstaple to investigate for signs of a gas leak.

A WOMAN has been taken to hospital today (Tues) with signs of possible carbon monoxide exposure in Barnstaple.

Two fire engines were called to the scene in Richmond Street at 10.50am by ambulance personnel.

On arrival, crews used two breathing apparatus and a gas detector to investigate but found no readings of carbon monoxide in the property.

The woman was taken to North Devon District Hospital.


Other News Stories

15 minutes ago

Burglars stole several items of great sentimental value

Read more
51 minutes ago

More pictures of the Exeter fire.

Read more

Devon and Cornwall Police have said road closures will remain in place overnight as fire fighters continue to tackle a blaze in Cathedral Yard.

Read more

This is the moment an Exeter postgrad astrophysic saw the roof of the historic Royal Clarence Hotel catch fire.

Read more

South West Water has called on its customers to limit water usage as fire fighters concentrate on tackling a blaze in the city centre.

Read more

Fire continues to rage on in Exeter’s Cathedral Yard with reports of crumbling masonry at the historic Royal Clarence Hotel.

Read more

Chief reporter, Becca Gliddon, captures the atmosphere.

Read more

A special service will be held at Exeter Cathedral at 5.30pm this evening (Friday).

Read more

Photographer Jolyon Holroyd, brought up in Budleigh Salterton, managed to snap the moment fighter fighters tackled the blaze from above.

Read more

South West Water has altered its network to assist firefighters tackling a major fire in the Cathedral Green.

Read more

Local Weather



max temp: 14°C

min temp: 11°C

Most Read News

Place a family notice

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

Find a job in Devon

Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

FFind planning applications