Fire at Axminster Co-op

PUBLISHED: 13:48 09 July 2018

Axminster fire engine

Axminster fire engine

Archant

Shop and store room suffer smoke damage in South Street blaze

A store room at the Co-op Supermarket in South Street, Axminster, was severely damaged during a fire yesterday (Sunday, July 8).

Firefighters from Axminster, Charmouth and Lyme Regis attended the incident at around 12.30pm.

Crews used breathing apparatus, hose reel jets, a thermal imaging camera and small tools to extinguish the blaze. Smoke damage was 20 per cent to the shop and 80 per cent to the store. A fuse box was severely damaged.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Other News Stories

15:01

Health and Wellbeing Centre receives funding to help people with limited means

Read more
07:01

Brian Dale will cycle from Land’s End to John O’ Groats and back to mark his 80th birthday

Read more
Yesterday, 15:01

Pupils from the the Multi Academy Trust enjoy a fun-filled day with the Royal Marines.

Read more
Yesterday, 13:01

Members face up to the challenge of drawing a head

Read more
Yesterday, 07:01

And the same day his 17-year-old son also signs up to join

Read more
Fri, 15:01

Young dancers put on a spectacular playground display

Read more
Fri, 12:03

Another ‘Have your Say’ session will take place in the library next week

Read more
Fri, 07:01

74-year-old wants to track down his chums from the 1950s

Read more
Thu, 15:01

Money shared by Axminster Hospital League of Friends and lyme Regis RNLI team

Read more
Thu, 07:01

High praise for Mrs Ethelston’s Church of England Primary

Read more

Local Weather

Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 24°C

min temp: 13°C

Most Read News

Place a family notice

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

East Devon 24 regular newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

FFind planning applications