Fire crews tackle Exmouth shed fire which spread to a house
PUBLISHED: 09:28 16 January 2017 | UPDATED: 13:56 16 January 2017
Fire crews were called out to a shed fire in Exmouth last night which spread to a property.
Three fire engines and an aerial ladder platform were called out at around 12.20am to a fire involving a garden shed which spread to a detached house in Elvis Road.
A further three appliances were also called out to help fight the blaze which caused damage to the property’s roof and first floor.
A 60 year old male was taken to Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital for smoke inhalation.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Crews confirmed fire within detached property consisting of two floors, fire in the first floor and roof of property.
“Crews set to work to extinguish the fire using eight breathing apparatus, three hose reel jets and one safety jet.
“Crews confirmed fire involving garden shed which had spread to the property and roof space. Crews to cut away and damped down.”
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue confirmed that the fire caused damage to half of the roof and half of the first floor.
Water damage was also caused to the ground floor.
The spokesman added: “One fire appliance remains in attendance carrying out a watching brief.”