Fire crew called to Axmouth

09:33 27 November 2012

�

Archant

Chimney fire at village house involved a wood burning stove

Firefighters were called to a chimney blaze at a house in Axmouth yesterday evening (Monday, November 26).

The fire, at a property in Lane Close, involved a wood burning stove.

One appliance from Seaton attended, at around 6pm, and the crew carried out a safety inspection.

0 comments

Other News Stories

The Sid Valley’s narrow roads are ‘not suitable’ for the large vehicles likely to service a proposed 9.3-acre business park, the county highways authority has said.

Read more
Yesterday, 19:30

With Dogs Trust Ilfracombe

Read more
Yesterday, 18:27

Revamp for community recording and rehearsal studio thanks to North Devon Homes and its partner Westcountry Maintenance Services.

Read more
Yesterday, 17:45

A sudden bout of avian malaria has wiped out the entire collection, with many old friends lost

Read more
Yesterday, 17:30

A Honiton estate agent is backing Hospiscare with a cake sale this Thursday.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:41

An elderly woman has died following a road traffic collision near Sidbury this morning (Monday).

Read more
Yesterday, 16:39

A sparkling fundraising ball was held by Honiton-based sight-loss charity See the Future last week.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:30

The Sid Valley’s narrow roads are ‘not suitable’ for the large vehicles likely to service a proposed 9.3-acre business park, the county highways authority has said.

Read more
Yesterday, 16:14

Don’t miss a series of great shows starting form January 2017

Read more
Yesterday, 15:59

Tails will be wagging at Ferne Animal Sanctuary in Chard thanks to a donation of more than £2,000 raised by East Devon District Council’s (EDDC) environmental health team.

Read more

Local Weather

Rain

Rain

max temp: 16°C

min temp: 14°C

Most Read News

Place a family notice

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

Find a job in Devon



Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

FFind planning applications