Chimney fire at Axminster

11:42 22 January 2013

Axminster fire station

Axminster fire station


Wood burning stove sparks blaze at house in Bonners Drive

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze at a house in Axminster at around 6pm yesterday evening (Monday).

The incident, at Bonners Drive, involved a wood burning stove.

The crew extinguished the fire using a triple ladder extension, roof ladders, safety-at-height equipment and hose reels, along with a thermal imaging camera.


Other News Stories


Vast programme of experiments, activities and talks attracted record numbers

Read more

An Exmouth grandfather, who died last month, has been remembered as a quality house builder, a top class sailor and ‘a very popular man’.

Read more

The festive season gets under way in Axminster when the ‘Cards for Good Causes’ shop opens its doors on Monday, (October 24).

Read more

Mark Saunders have completed 3,500 mile journey for the See Hear Centre in Barnstaple

Read more

With Barnstaple & District Cats Protection

Read more

Market manager says improvements will make the Grade 1 listed building ‘fit for the next 50 years’.

Read more

Online discount tickets on sale for now Round Table rugby club display

Read more

A donation of £500 has been made to Stockland Primary Academy’s new library by Honiton and District Lions Club.

Read more

A piece of Exmouth town centre will be turning purple to help the fight to eradicate one of the world’s deadliest diseases.

Read more
Yesterday, 19:30

Devon’s highways chief is calling on the Secretary of State for Transport to give councils more powers to stop drivers parking on pavements – saying it threatens safety and pushes up costs.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 10°C

min temp: 5°C

Most Read News

Place a family notice

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

Find a job in Devon

Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

FFind planning applications