Bideford house severely damaged by fire

PUBLISHED: 07:41 09 August 2017 | UPDATED: 11:41 09 August 2017

Fire at Bideford

Fire at Bideford

Archant

Chanters Road terraced property suffers serious smoke and heat damage after ground floor blaze

Fire crews from Bideford and Appledore were mobilised to reports of a property fire at Chanters Road, Bideford, last night (Tuesday, August 8).

On arrival at around 9.40pm they discovered a blaze on the ground floor of the terraced property involving the electrics.

Crews used four breathing apparatus, two hose reels and one safety jet to extinguish the fire. They also used two thermal imaging cameras one CO2 monitor and small tools to ensure the property was safe.

The property was ten per cent damaged by the fire and the remainder of the property was severely damaged by the heat and the smoke.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other East Devon 24 visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by East Devon 24 staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique East Devon 24 account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

Other News Stories

Yesterday, 15:02

Pupils go carol singing in their local store to thank the supermarket for its support

Read more
Saturday, December 16, 2017

Former CeramTec factory site could be used to provide low cost homes

Read more
Saturday, December 16, 2017

Sam Chamberlain-Keen, 16, has been invited to play trombone in Mike Westbrook’s latest show

Read more
Friday, December 15, 2017

RGB Building Supplies, in Pankhurst Close, Littleham, is thanking the Exmouth community for donating gifts to its 2017 Christmas present appeal.

The donated presents have now been given to Children’s Hospice South West to pass on to the children and families it supports.

Read more
Friday, December 15, 2017

Pupils base their Christmas show on the popular BBC TV’s dancing competition

Read more
Thursday, December 14, 2017

RNLI volunteers are recognised for their achievements at their Chritsmas party

Read more
Thursday, December 14, 2017

This year’s Ax-pedition money is shared between the Alzheimer’s Society and The Project

Read more
Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Vet sedates the animal before specialist equipment is used to free it.

Read more
Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Helen Tribble, Exmouth Open Door Centre projects director, said: “Christmas is a wonderful time for those who have family and friends to spend it with, or who can afford to buy the turkey, but if you find it a difficult time, if you’re on your own this Christmas or if it’s a struggle financially, we want to invite you to join us at Open Door.

Read more
Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A vet sedates the animal before crews use specialist lifting equipment to free it.

Read more

Local Weather

Partly Cloudy

Partly Cloudy

max temp: 8°C

min temp: 4°C

Most Read News

Place a family notice

Family Notices 24

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Show Job Lists

Local business directory

Devon's trusted business finder

FFind planning applications